The Shark Club
The Shark Club
10800 Highway 707
P.O. Box 4140
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
Follow us on
St. James High School
Shark Club Board of Directors
Are you interested in serving on the
The Shark Club Board of Directors?
Term is 2 years and will start each February 1st.
Elections will be held in December.
Nomination forms are due December 1 each year.
What is The Shark Club?
The St James Shark Club is a volunteer service organization composed of parents, staff, community members and businesses dedicated to providing financial support and resources to all St James High School sports and athletes.
The Shark Club is managed by a Board of Directors comprised of 25 members and 3 Ex-Officio Members. Board Members are elected to a two year term by current Board Members. Terms start in February of each year.
How does the The Shark Club raise money?
· Membership Sales
· Corporate Sponsorship Sales
· Fundraisers: Homecoming BBQ, Annual 5K Run, and
Annual Fins and Flip Flops Dinner and Silent Auction
How does The Shark Club spend the money that is raised?
· Purchase equipment for sports teams
· Purchase uniforms for sports teams
· Meals for Athletes and Coaches during playoff games
· Pay for physicals on a need based request
· Production of the All Sports Programs (3 issues per school year)
· Stadium Cleaning at all home JV and Varsity Football Games
Why Should I join the The Shark Club?
By joining, you will be showing your support to the SJHS Sharks Athletes. It takes everyone coming together as a community to make our schools athletic program successful.
How can I help?
· Become a member of the SJHS Shark Club
· Become a Corporate Sponsor
· Volunteer your time
· Work Concession stands during athletic events
2020-2021 Shark Club Board Members
President Elect-Jennifer Lake
Vann Pennell - Ex Officio
Billy Hurston - Ex Officio